Pages

November 13, 2009

Sixth Comic - The Rebirth

I think at this point X was dealing with legal issues from his previous employer and wanted to make a comic about the B.S. he was going through. It's a vast change from the first couple comics I did for him. Now we're looking at 3 and 1/2 pages, tons of panels, and a decent chunk of black.












You lucky devils! I've been avoiding adding the schedule in as it's not my work, but separating it from the last page seemed like it would be a pain, not to mention would end up looking odd. As such, I've left it in. Have a look and see what Y is all about.

Looking at it I see that my use of black was still off. Some panels have a lot of deep shadows, others are just linework, no spotted blacks at all. I think this goes back to my fear of black, which in turn has lead to a poor understanding of it. A few months ago I picked up a book called How to Draw Noir Comics. I haven't had a chance to go through it all, but from what I saw it's got some good info (it also comes very highly recommended from ppl in the biz so I'd trust it as a decent purchase). One day I'll sit down and pour through that sucker, then we'll see how I do spotting blacks!




No comments:

Post a Comment