Pages

May 17, 2011

Time Travel!

Turns out I have a time travel device in my studio! I call it, "the drawer" and kept safe within it is a good chunk of my creative past.

I was rooting around in there today, trying to find some notes I had scribbled down back in high school, and I thought it might be fun to share some of the old work.

First up is Orcs! Way back when I was trying to develop a fantasy world and it seemed like orcs were a necessity. I had been reading Scion at the time, and was loving Jim Cheung's artwork, so that influenced the style quite a bit. Concept wise I was looking for a race of Incredible Hulk type creatures. Massive warriors who had perfected the art of war over centuries of infighting. They pop up here and there in other pieces I found in the drawer, so I guess I liked the idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment